[Edward Grange] is always creative and imaginative in his approach and always thinking about new angles for cases. He is a really respected solicitor.
Chambers UK 2016
The ‘exceptionally strong’ and ‘straightforward’ practice at Corker Binning continues to act for corporate and individual clients in the financial sector, with strengths in regulatory litigation, criminal fraud, and corporate crime.
The Legal 500 UK 2017
Sources speak of Peter's "stellar reputation," and describe him as "a real doyen of the corporate criminal area and a senior figure with a huge amount of experience."
Chambers UK 2017
They have got a fantastically strong team.
Chambers UK 2016
Sources say department head Peter Binning is “very calm and focused in a crisis.” He concentrates on regulatory and fraud litigation, and has substantial experience in defending professionals in domestic and international investigations.
Chambers UK 2015
Peter Binning is "extraordinarily smooth and unflappable".
Chambers UK 2018
Andrew Smith is "a real pleasure to deal with."
Chambers UK 2018
"They are among the top few 'big hitter' firms for private crime, and are among the few I would recommend to anyone who needed representation. They give their clients a top-notch service and are prepared to go the extra mile."
Chambers UK 2018
Corker Binning has a wealth of experience in defending individuals (including children) under investigation for offences of a sexual nature, from possession of indecent images or extreme pornography, to rape and sexual abuse. Our clients include business professionals, entertainment figures, politicians and sportspeople. We understand that the investigation process itself, providing no right to anonymity for suspects, can destroy careers, reputations and family relationships. We seek to mitigate these consequences wherever possible, sometimes working in a coordinated team with media lawyers and consultants.
Recent years have seen an extraordinary rise in the number of sexual allegations being investigated and prosecuted. Our lawyers are experienced in representing suspects at the police station, where as well as engaging with the police and prosecuting authorities to persuade them not to bring (or to withdraw) criminal charges.
Defending these cases requires forensic analysis and objectivity, combined with sensitivity to the ramifications of a criminal prosecution, which can vary widely from client to client. Our lawyers guide clients step by step through this difficult process, ensuring that all defence avenues are thoroughly explored.More
Our sexual offences lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- Acting for several high-profile individuals in the entertainment industry arrested under Operation Yewtree. In these cases our clients have avoide publicity and also none have been charged.
- Advising the director of a large UK corporate in relation to an investigation into alleged rape and sexual assault (no charges brought).
- Making successful representations to the CPS post-charge not to pursue prosecution against a 15-year-old who engaged in consensual sexual activity with his 14 year old girlfriend.
- Advising a Government Minister in relation to allegations of historic sexual abuse made in the tabloid newspapers.
- Preparing a defence at trial for an individual charged with multiple counts of familial sexual assault and possession of indecent images of children.
- Persuading the CPS of the lack of public interest in prosecuting an elderly man for alleged historic sexual abuse dating back over 40 years.
- Advising a corporation on how to address its discovery that its employees had been accessing indecent images on their work computers.
For more information about how we might be able to help you, please call 0207 353 6000 and ask to speak to one of our partners.
Named as key individuals in the field of Crime by Chambers UK 2018:
Robert Brown – Star Individual
Jessica Parker – Band 4
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Crime by Chambers 2018.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Crime by The Legal 500 2017 and Robert Brown is named as a leading individual for Crime.
- Jessica Parker discusses managing electronic data in criminal trials in Fraud Intelligence
- Chaos in criminal disclosure
- Maia Cohen-Lask discusses the Sentencing Council’s new guidelines in cases of Domestic Abuse in Criminal Law & Justice Weekly
- Domestic Abuse: Removing Victims’ Voice
- Danielle Reece-Greenhalgh discusses the Fawcett Society’s Sex Discrimination Law Review Panel in Criminal Law & Justice Weekly
- Lights, Camera, Legislative Action?
- Jessica Maguire discusses the minimum age of criminal responsibility in CrimeLine
- Old enough to know better? The minimum age of criminal responsibility
- Maia Cohen-Lask’s statement on Vladimir Bukovsky’s judgment in The Times Law Brief, the Daily Mail and the Express & Star
- Danielle Reece-Greenhalgh comments on Jon Venables’ sentencing in The Daily Mirror and Liverpool Echo
Blog / News