Jessica is described as "the complete package: bright, decisive and responsive.”
Who’s Who Legal: Investigations 2017
The “pragmatic” Peter Binning advises on a broad range of extradition cases.
Legal 500 2012
David Corker is a highly regarded white-collar defence lawyer with an extensive track record of advising the subjects of major SFO investigations. He is singled out as a “knowledgeable” practitioner with “long experience and long understanding of how the prosecution process works and how it can best be derailed.
Chambers UK 2014
Corker Binning is often instructed in high-profile cases that attract lots of media attention.
Chambers UK 2014
"She is a class act: measured, practical and highly intelligent."
Chambers UK 2018
"In financial crime their partners are very, very highly regarded."
Chambers HNW 2016
[Jessica Parker] is very passionate about her cases, she is realistic, she understands the problems that arise and she is very talented.
Chambers UK 2016
"They are very informed about this area and understand what it takes to win a case."
Chambers HNW 2017
Police investigations and criminal defence
Corker Binning is recognised as a leading firm in the field of police investigations and criminal defence, with a strong reputation for handling a wide range of personal, complex and sensitive cases. Our lawyers provide expert advice to clients (whether as suspects, witnesses or victims) on criminal investigations into possession and supply of controlled drugs, dangerous dogs offences, common assault, causing grievous bodily harm, theft, burglary, robbery, sexual offences, road traffic, manslaughter and murder.
Police investigations and criminal defence makes up a large part of our work, with clients including well-known figures from business, politics, the sport and entertainment industries, media companies, journalists, as well as private individuals who find themselves caught up in the turmoil of a criminal investigation. We have particular expertise in acting for individuals who may be vulnerable and need protection from the criminal process, whether on account of their age or a particular physical or mental condition.
Our lawyers are available 24 hours a day to provide police station representation. We regularly act for individuals who, having been interviewed under caution, want advice about persuading the authorities not to charge them with a criminal offence. If our clients are charged, we are experienced in acting for them throughout every stage of the criminal proceedings, in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts, as well as any restraint or confiscation proceedings.
The size of the firm and the expertise of our lawyers mean that we are well equipped to handle general criminal cases of all kinds, while delivering a highly personalised service to clients, expertly guiding them through every stage of the investigative and prosecutorial process.More
Our criminal lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- A pilot under investigation by the UK police in connection with an air crash.
- A businessman under investigation for murder (this story has been reported widely in the press in 2015).
- A partner of a City law firm accused of assaulting his partner (we represented him at the police station, made written representations afterwards and no charges were brought).
- A newspaper concerning the tipping off provisions in the UK’s terrorism legislation.
- An entrepreneur indicted for attempted rape and other serious sexual offences.
- A Chinese national charged with the theft of his company’s intellectual property and offences under the Computer Misuse Act.
- A student charged with possession of Class B drugs and an offensive weapon (he ultimately received a suspended sentence).
- An overseas political party under investigation for money laundering in connection with alleged terrorist activities.
- A British journalist who was on board a Greenpeace ship to secure bail after being detained in Russia following an attempt to occupy an oil platform during a protest in the Arctic.
- Persuading the police not to prosecute on a variety of dangerous dogs investigations and ensuring that the dog was not destroyed.
- A high-profile politician in connection with an allegation that he had assaulted his wife (no charges brought).
For more information on how we can help you, please call us on 020 7353 6000.
You can also read our general crime lawyers’ comments and analysis on recent cases and developments in the Corker Binning Blog.
Named as key individuals in the field of Crime by Chambers UK 2018:
Robert Brown – Star Individual
Jessica Parker – Band 4
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Crime by Chambers 2018.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Crime by The Legal 500 2017 and Robert Brown is named as a leading individual for Crime.
- David Corker comments on the CPS costs in first-ever contested section 7 prosecution in GIR
- David Corker comments on the Berlinah Wallace sentencing in The Times, The Times Law Brief and Daily Express
- Robert Hanratty discusses the effect of Brexit on the fight against crime in the Archbold Review
- The effect of Brexit on the fight against crime
- David Corker to panel the 4th Annual GIR Live London
- Robert Brown comments on the speculation of who will become the next DPP in The Times
- Jessica Parker discusses managing electronic data in criminal trials in Fraud Intelligence
- Chaos in criminal disclosure
- David Corker comments on the UK’s use of UWOs against Russia in GIR
- Nick Barnard comments on convicting healthcare professionals of manslaughter in The Times Law Brief and The Justice Gap
Blog / News