Sources find it "enormously valuable" that she is "not afraid to speak her mind and take a dissenting view."
Chambers UK 2017
Robert Brown is "the master of client management and a pleasure to deal with."
Chambers UK 2017
[Robert Brown] is someone who understands not only law but how it works with business. You feel like you are in good hands and he has a phenomenal track record.
Chambers UK 2016
Head of department Robert Brown ‘gets results that no-one else could’.
Legal 500 2013
David Corker is highlighted in Chambers as "very personally interested in the law," as well as being "sensible, assured and thoughtful" when providing advice.
Chambers UK 2017
The ‘extremely talented’ [criminal] practice head Robert Brown, who ‘always sees the bigger picture’, acted for a number of clients on the Leveson Inquiry
Legal 500 2015
David Corker is “amongst the elite group of UK criminal defence lawyers” and is “extremely bright and good at providing a strategic overview, and has excellent client care skills”
Legal 500 2011
Sources say department head Peter Binning is “very calm and focused in a crisis.” He concentrates on regulatory and fraud litigation, and has substantial experience in defending professionals in domestic and international investigations.
Chambers UK 2015
Police investigations and criminal defence
Corker Binning is recognised as a leading firm in the field of police investigations and criminal defence, with a strong reputation for handling a wide range of personal, complex and sensitive cases. Our lawyers provide expert advice to clients (whether as suspects, witnesses or victims) on criminal investigations into possession and supply of controlled drugs, dangerous dogs offences, common assault, causing grievous bodily harm, theft, burglary, robbery, sexual offences, road traffic, manslaughter and murder.
Police investigations and criminal defence makes up a large part of our work, with clients including well-known figures from business, politics, the sport and entertainment industries, media companies, journalists, as well as private individuals who find themselves caught up in the turmoil of a criminal investigation. We have particular expertise in acting for individuals who may be vulnerable and need protection from the criminal process, whether on account of their age or a particular physical or mental condition.
Our lawyers are available 24 hours a day to provide police station representation. We regularly act for individuals who, having been interviewed under caution, want advice about persuading the authorities not to charge them with a criminal offence. If our clients are charged, we are experienced in acting for them throughout every stage of the criminal proceedings, in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts, as well as any restraint or confiscation proceedings.
The size of the firm and the expertise of our lawyers mean that we are well equipped to handle general criminal cases of all kinds, while delivering a highly personalised service to clients, expertly guiding them through every stage of the investigative and prosecutorial process.More
Our criminal lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- A pilot under investigation by the UK police in connection with an air crash.
- A businessman under investigation for murder (this story has been reported widely in the press in 2015).
- A partner of a City law firm accused of assaulting his partner (we represented him at the police station, made written representations afterwards and no charges were brought).
- A newspaper concerning the tipping off provisions in the UK’s terrorism legislation.
- An entrepreneur indicted for attempted rape and other serious sexual offences.
- A Chinese national charged with the theft of his company’s intellectual property and offences under the Computer Misuse Act.
- A student charged with possession of Class B drugs and an offensive weapon (he ultimately received a suspended sentence).
- An overseas political party under investigation for money laundering in connection with alleged terrorist activities.
- A British journalist who was on board a Greenpeace ship to secure bail after being detained in Russia following an attempt to occupy an oil platform during a protest in the Arctic.
- Persuading the police not to prosecute on a variety of dangerous dogs investigations and ensuring that the dog was not destroyed.
- A high-profile politician in connection with an allegation that he had assaulted his wife (no charges brought).
For more information on how we can help you, please call us on 020 7353 6000.
You can also read our general crime lawyers’ comments and analysis on recent cases and developments in the Corker Binning Blog.
Named as key individuals in the field of Crime by Chambers UK 2017:
Robert Brown – Star Individual
Jessica Parker – Up and Coming
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Crime by Chambers 2017.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Crime by Legal 500 2016 and Robert Brown is named as a leading individual for Crime.
- Robert Brown is the only member of a criminal firm to have been ranked in the Top 10 leading lawyers in the Super Lawyers London 2014 Annual List.
- Kim Nihill and Jessica Parker discuss the Modern Slavery Act and UK businesses in The Times
- Companies must do more to end modern slavery
- David Corker discusses Sir Edward Heath and Operation Conifer in The Times Law Brief
- Sir Edward Heath and Operation Conifer – investigation conclusions meaningless?
- David Corker comments on Operation Conifer in The Times Law Brief
- FCA enforcement powers and practical tips for dealing with information requests
- Is offence an offence?
- Robert Brown comments on the Lammy Review in Sky News, The Times Law Brief, The Law Society Gazette, International Business Times UK and Solicitors Journal
- Prosecuting Gross Negligence Manslaughter
- Peter Bowles’ article considering the case of Charlie Alliston published in Solicitors Journal
Blog / News