The ‘extremely talented’ Robert Brown ‘always sees the bigger picture’.
Legal 500 2015
David Corker has an excellent reputation for advising on cartel defence as part of his white-collar practice.
Chambers UK 2015
Andrew Smith is praised for his ‘great mind’ and academic approach. Sources comment that ‘he has a very measured and reassuring way about him, and the quality of his work is fantastic.’ He is also recognised for his strengths in extradition and international crime cases.
Chambers UK 2015
Peter Binning has a thriving criminal defence and regulatory practice, regularly providing counsel on complex corruption, revenue fraud and sanctions matters. Observers note: "He has exceptional judgement, particularly when defending individuals in big cases. He's an expert tactician and is very easy to work with."
Chambers UK 2016
I think they're a great firm for [POCA Work & Asset Forfeiture]. Very boutique-like and dedicated to their clients.
Chambers UK 2016
[Peter Binning is] admired for his strong commitment to his clients’ best interests.
Chambers UK 2011
David Corker is very highly regarded and able to think laterally, often coming up with surprising solutions to problems.
Chambers HNW 2016
At Corker Binning, department head Robert Brown ‘has the rare ability to nip potential prosecutions in the bud’.
Legal 500 2014
Corker Binning specialises in criminal defence work in every type of criminal case, from common assault, harassment, theft, possession of cannabis and child pornography to official secrets, rape, GBH, murder, fraud, bribery and terrorism. Our clients include well-known figures from business, politics, sport and entertainment, as well as media companies and journalists. For more detail of our expertise in police investigations and criminal defence, please visit this page. For more detail of our expertise in business crime and fraud, please visit this page.
Because Corker Binning also handles a wide range of high profile commercial fraud cases, individuals from professional and business backgrounds turn to us if they and their families need personal advice on a criminal matter. There are often urgent issues to address relating to professional regulatory obligations and unwelcome media interest as well as the criminal allegation itself. Our criminal defence lawyers are experienced at working with other legal teams in high profile cases involving divorce, child custody issues or privacy. In some cases, our advice is sought by victims and witnesses in serious criminal cases who are uncertain of their rights and obligations in the context of a criminal investigation. Our criminal defence lawyers also have significant experience of advising young or vulnerable people facing criminal charges for the first time. We understand how difficult this can be for them and their families.
Our criminal defence lawyers regularly advise individuals involved in a coroner’s inquest or public inquiry, either of which can be lengthy, complex and likely to attract a lot of media attention.
Our criminal defence lawyers are available 24 hours a day and can help from the moment of arrest, through police station procedures and charge and in all subsequent court hearings. Some cases are relatively small, others have huge international dimensions – all are given the same level of attention and focus. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for our clients.More
Our criminal defence lawyers advise on a wide range of cases, including:
- Murder and manslaughter
- Money laundering
- Tax offences
- Assault and other offences of violence such as ABH, GBH and wounding
- Drugs offences
- Sexual offences
- Public order offences
- Child abduction
- Terrorist offences
- Dangerous dogs
- Road traffic
Call us now on 020 7353 6000 to find out how our criminal defence lawyers can help you or visit our blog to read our views on a wide range of criminal law matters.
Named as key individuals in the field of Crime by Chambers UK 2017:
Robert Brown – Star Individual
Jessica Parker – Up and Coming
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Crime by Chambers 2017.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Crime by Legal 500 2016 and Robert Brown is named as a leading individual for Crime.
- Robert Brown is the only member of a criminal firm to have been ranked in the Top 10 leading lawyers in the Super Lawyers London 2014 Annual List.
- David Corker discusses Sir Edward Heath and Operation Conifer in The Times Law Brief
- Pre-Charge Bail – Reform has arrived, but is it enough?
- Peter Binning discusses anonymity for suspects and victims in criminal proceedings in The Brief
- Joint enterprise: reason restored in landmark Supreme Court judgment
- Alex Davidson’s article on joint enterprise published in The Barrister
- SOCPA: Immunity, leniency and white collar criminals
- Back to the Future: criminal law in 2015 and beyond
- Preparing witnesses: victim support or obstructing justice?
- Partner Robert Brown’s letter published in the Times re Legal Aid and Forensic Science
- Abolition of the dock in English criminal trials
Blog / News