"One of the firms at the forefront of the market representing individuals and companies. They are a compact, energetic, entrepreneurial firm who know what they're doing and have good partners."
Chambers UK 2017
Robert Brown provides a “Rolls-Royce service”.
Legal 500 2012
David Corker is very highly regarded and able to think laterally, often coming up with surprising solutions to problems.
Chambers HNW 2016
[Andrew Smith is] a ‘bright young star’, according to interviewees.
Chambers UK 2011
“Very experienced and wise” star practitioner Robert Brown “is practical, sensible and knows exactly where to pitch it.”
Chambers UK 2012
They are highly efficient and client-conscious - you just get a great service there.
Chambers UK 2016
David Corker is a highly regarded white-collar defence lawyer with an extensive track record of advising the subjects of major SFO investigations. He is singled out as a “knowledgeable” practitioner with “long experience and long understanding of how the prosecution process works and how it can best be derailed.
Chambers UK 2014
Corker Binning is renowned for its expertise in criminal and regulatory litigation with criminal cartel investigations a further forte of the team.
Chambers UK 2012
Corker Binning specialises in criminal defence work in every type of criminal case, from common assault, harassment, theft, possession of cannabis and child pornography to official secrets, rape, GBH, murder, fraud, bribery and terrorism. Our clients include well-known figures from business, politics, sport and entertainment, as well as media companies and journalists. For more detail of our expertise in police investigations and criminal defence, please visit this page. For more detail of our expertise in business crime and fraud, please visit this page.
Because Corker Binning also handles a wide range of high profile commercial fraud cases, individuals from professional and business backgrounds turn to us if they and their families need personal advice on a criminal matter. There are often urgent issues to address relating to professional regulatory obligations and unwelcome media interest as well as the criminal allegation itself. Our criminal defence lawyers are experienced at working with other legal teams in high profile cases involving divorce, child custody issues or privacy. In some cases, our advice is sought by victims and witnesses in serious criminal cases who are uncertain of their rights and obligations in the context of a criminal investigation. Our criminal defence lawyers also have significant experience of advising young or vulnerable people facing criminal charges for the first time. We understand how difficult this can be for them and their families.
Our criminal defence lawyers regularly advise individuals involved in a coroner’s inquest or public inquiry, either of which can be lengthy, complex and likely to attract a lot of media attention.
Our criminal defence lawyers are available 24 hours a day and can help from the moment of arrest, through police station procedures and charge and in all subsequent court hearings. Some cases are relatively small, others have huge international dimensions – all are given the same level of attention and focus. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for our clients.More
Our criminal defence lawyers advise on a wide range of cases, including:
- Murder and manslaughter
- Money laundering
- Tax offences
- Assault and other offences of violence such as ABH, GBH and wounding
- Drugs offences
- Sexual offences
- Public order offences
- Child abduction
- Terrorist offences
- Dangerous dogs
- Road traffic
Call us now on 020 7353 6000 to find out how our criminal defence lawyers can help you or visit our blog to read our views on a wide range of criminal law matters.
Named as key individuals in the field of Crime by Chambers UK 2018:
Robert Brown – Star Individual
Jessica Parker – Band 4
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Crime by Chambers 2018.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Crime by The Legal 500 2017 and Robert Brown is named as a leading individual for Crime.
- Honesty is Not the Best Policy – The slow death of Acquisitive Crime’s Best Concept
- David Corker discusses Sir Edward Heath and Operation Conifer in The Times Law Brief
- Pre-Charge Bail – Reform has arrived, but is it enough?
- Peter Binning discusses anonymity for suspects and victims in criminal proceedings in The Brief
- Joint enterprise: reason restored in landmark Supreme Court judgment
- Alex Davidson’s article on joint enterprise published in The Barrister
- SOCPA: Immunity, leniency and white collar criminals
- Back to the Future: criminal law in 2015 and beyond
- Preparing witnesses: victim support or obstructing justice?
- Partner Robert Brown’s letter published in the Times re Legal Aid and Forensic Science
Blog / News