The team ‘brings a strong wealth of experience in dealing with criminal litigation into the complex world of fraud’ and the ‘talented lawyers demonstrate the highest professional standards’.
The Legal 500 UK 2017
Corker Binning is "a very strong firm in its field."
Chambers UK 2018
At Corker Binning, department head Robert Brown ‘has the rare ability to nip potential prosecutions in the bud’. Known for its high-profile work, the firm has a specialism in extradition work, with the ‘very bright’ Andrew Smith recently acting in Shrien Dewani’s extradition proceedings.
Legal 500 UK 2014
David Corker is a co-founder of the firm and a former police constable. He is regarded as “brilliant” and “an excellent solicitor” by market commentators, who praise his flair for finding inventive solutions to the problems posed by complex fraud cases. He has recently been acting in a complex tax fraud valued at £108 million, which is currently being prosecuted by the CPS.
Chambers UK 2013
Peter Binning "has that tactical nous as well as the bedside manner – it's a killer combination."
Chambers UK 2018
Peter Binning and David Corker are a 'very powerful combination'.
Legal 500 UK 2012
David Corker is highlighted in Chambers as "very personally interested in the law," as well as being "sensible, assured and thoughtful" when providing advice.
Chambers UK 2017
The 'especially talented' Robert Brown leads a criminal defence team that recently represented Ronnie Wood…the firm is also acting in a number of high profile and politically sensitive Terrorism Act investigations. David Corker is highly recommended.
Legal 500 UK 2010
We have substantial experience advising companies and individuals on cash seizures by enforcement agencies (such as the police and officers of HM Revenue and Customs) under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
We advise on the legality of the seizure and detention, the right to challenge the seizure and the steps to be taken to secure the return of the seized cash. We also provide advice and representation in respect of applications to forfeit the seized cash (known as forfeiture applications). See our blog on the need to prove criminal conduct.
We have successfully challenged many cash seizures and forfeiture applications, resulting in the prompt return of the seized cash together with the reimbursement of the costs incurred.More
Our cash seizures lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- Cash seized when entering or leaving the UK at an airport or port.
- Cash seized from premises or a vehicle searched in respect of the investigation of a criminal offence (the cash might belong to the person under investigation or it might not. For example, it might belong to a family member or employer).
- Cash seized from an individual who has been arrested for a criminal offence.
- Cash seized from a safety deposit box (we have advised many individuals in the well publicised operation by the Metropolitan Police called Operation Rize in which three London safe depositaries were raided and 6,700 deposit boxes opened and searched).
For more information on how we can help you, please call 020 7353 6000.
Named as key individuals in the field of Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers UK 2018:
David Corker – Band 1
Peter Binning – Band 1
Jessica Parker – Band 4
Andrew Smith – Band 3
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers 2018.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Fraud by The Legal 500 2017 and David Corker and Peter Binning are named as leading individuals for Fraud.
- Peter Binning, David Corker, Jessica Parker and Robert Brown are recognised as leading lawyers in Who’s Who Legal: Investigations 2018.