Andrew Smith frequently advises on white-collar crime and regulatory issues, including SFO, FCA and HMRC prosecutions. He has notable experience in representing individuals in complex extradition cases.
Chambers UK 2015
Jessica Parker is a well-respected name among peers and clients alike, who praise her expert handling of criminal regulatory matters.
Who’s Who Legal: Investigations 2018
David Corker is “amongst the elite group of UK criminal defence lawyers” and is “extremely bright and good at providing a strategic overview, and has excellent client care skills”
Legal 500 2011
Founder David Corker is held in high regard. “He is as top-tier as they come”, affirms one respondent.
Who’s Who Legal 2016
This four-partner firm continues to consolidate its position as one of the leading fraud practices in the London market. Enthusiastic sources praise its “efficient and intuitive” lawyers, agreeing that it is well placed to handle high-stakes and complex work.
Chambers UK 2012
[Gemma Tombs is] a “tremendous asset to the firm”. She acts for individuals and companies on criminal and regulatory matters.
Chambers UK 2010
Peter Binning is a leading defence solicitor, who prepares cases “immaculately, with care and thought.
Chambers UK 2014
Corker Binning continues to 'punch well above its weight'… Corker Binning represents many high-profile clients in sensitive matters attracting considerable media attention.
Legal 500 UK 2011
We have substantial experience advising companies and individuals on cash seizures by enforcement agencies (such as the police and officers of HM Revenue and Customs) under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
We advise on the legality of the seizure and detention, the right to challenge the seizure and the steps to be taken to secure the return of the seized cash. We also provide advice and representation in respect of applications to forfeit the seized cash (known as forfeiture applications). See our blog on the need to prove criminal conduct.
We have successfully challenged many cash seizures and forfeiture applications, resulting in the prompt return of the seized cash together with the reimbursement of the costs incurred.More
Our cash seizures lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- Cash seized when entering or leaving the UK at an airport or port.
- Cash seized from premises or a vehicle searched in respect of the investigation of a criminal offence (the cash might belong to the person under investigation or it might not. For example, it might belong to a family member or employer).
- Cash seized from an individual who has been arrested for a criminal offence.
- Cash seized from a safety deposit box (we have advised many individuals in the well publicised operation by the Metropolitan Police called Operation Rize in which three London safe depositaries were raided and 6,700 deposit boxes opened and searched).
For more information on how we can help you, please call 020 7353 6000.
Named as key individuals in the field of Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers UK 2018:
David Corker – Band 1
Peter Binning – Band 1
Jessica Parker – Band 4
Andrew Smith – Band 3
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers 2018.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Fraud by The Legal 500 2017 and David Corker and Peter Binning are named as leading individuals for Fraud.
- Peter Binning, David Corker, Jessica Parker and Robert Brown are recognised as leading lawyers in Who’s Who Legal: Investigations 2018.