"He takes a client-focused approach" and is "exceptionally personable"
Chambers UK 2018
[Robert Brown] is a highly experienced criminal litigator and greatly respected for his authoritative wisdom and guidance in all areas of criminal law.
Chambers UK 2010
Andrew Smith is "very erudite and savvy".
The Legal 500 UK 2017
At Corker Binning, department head Robert Brown ‘has the rare ability to nip potential prosecutions in the bud’.
Legal 500 2014
"They're admirable for being prepared to say 'we don't do everything, but we are completely expert in the things that we do.'"
Chambers HNW 2016
David Corker offers clients “excellent analysis and good, strategic judgement,” and is able to draw on his renowned experience in multi-jurisdictional criminal cases.
Chambers UK 2013
Peter Binning is ‘a seasoned expert, particularly in the field of international white-collar crime’.
The Legal 500 UK 2017
“Very experienced and wise” star practitioner Robert Brown “is practical, sensible and knows exactly where to pitch it.”
Chambers UK 2012
We have substantial experience advising companies and individuals on cash seizures by enforcement agencies (such as the police and officers of HM Revenue and Customs) under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
We advise on the legality of the seizure and detention, the right to challenge the seizure and the steps to be taken to secure the return of the seized cash. We also provide advice and representation in respect of applications to forfeit the seized cash (known as forfeiture applications). See our blog on the need to prove criminal conduct.
We have successfully challenged many cash seizures and forfeiture applications, resulting in the prompt return of the seized cash together with the reimbursement of the costs incurred.More
Our cash seizures lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- Cash seized when entering or leaving the UK at an airport or port.
- Cash seized from premises or a vehicle searched in respect of the investigation of a criminal offence (the cash might belong to the person under investigation or it might not. For example, it might belong to a family member or employer).
- Cash seized from an individual who has been arrested for a criminal offence.
- Cash seized from a safety deposit box (we have advised many individuals in the well publicised operation by the Metropolitan Police called Operation Rize in which three London safe depositaries were raided and 6,700 deposit boxes opened and searched).
For more information on how we can help you, please call 020 7353 6000.
Named as key individuals in the field of Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers UK 2017:
David Corker – Band 1
Peter Binning – Band 1
Jessica Parker – Up and Coming
Andrew Smith – Band 3
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers 2017.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Fraud by Legal 500 2016 and David Corker and Peter Binning are named as leading individuals for Fraud.
- Peter Binning and David Corker are the most highly regarded individuals in International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers 2016.