15 May 2019
Jessica Parker is attending the 22nd Annual IBA Transnational Crime Conference in Buenos Aires
Partner Jessica Parker is today attending the 22nd Annual IBA Transnational Crime Conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina until 17 May 2019.
This conference is presented by the IBA Criminal Law Committee and the IBA Business Crime Committee. Jessica is Co-Chair of the Business Crime Committee of the IBA.
- A new era for anti-money laundering enforcement?
- Corruption investigations at a turning point. Operation Car Wash, the Notebooks case and the current landscape
- Due process and the rights of individuals in criminal proceedings and investigations
- Encrypted communications – WhatsApp, privacy, freedom of expression & de-territorialisation of data
- Extradition, politics and the rule of law
- Managing cross-border internal investigations and regulatory enforcement actions
- Using information or documents obtained in civil or foreign proceedings in domestic criminal cases
Jessica will also be a session co-chair on 16 May during the “A new era for anti-money laundering enforcement?” session.
Conference highlights can be followed on Twitter, using the hashtag “#IBACrime”
Please find a link to the conference programme here.