6 July 2016
Jessica Parker holding a webinar today on Interpol Notices for LexisNexis
Partner Jessica Parker is delivering a webinar today with Jasvinder Nakhwal, Partner at Peters & Peters, on interpol notices for LexisNexis’ Hot Topic series.
Interpol notices are international requests for cooperation or alerts, allowing police in member countries to share critical crime-related information. Jessica’s webinar will look at the different methods used by law enforcement agencies to locate and arrest suspects with a view to extradite them from countries that may or may not have an extradition treaty as well as, grounds for challenging those methods.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Past and present procedures for locating and arresting suspects that have absconded abroad
- Interpol Red notices: Application procedure; evidential thresholds
- Interpol Yellow notices
- Locating suspects abroad discreetly
- All ports warning system renewals
- Basic grounds of challenging a Red notice
- Introduction of Interpol Blue notices: Application procedure; evidential thresholds
- Regime prior to the European arrest warrant and differences after the introduction of the EAW
- Difference in Interpol and Europol
- Special arrangement extradition
The webinar will be shown at 15:30 (BST) on 6 July 2016, watch on LexisNexis here.