2 July 2015
Corker Binning partner on judging panel for last night’s LALY Awards 2015
Robert Brown, partner at Corker Binning, once again was on the judging panel of the Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year Awards 2015, run by the Legal Aid Practitioners Group (LAPG). The awards, which are now in their thirteenth year, were announced at last night’s ceremony at Plaisterer’s Hall, London.
We offer our congratulations to all of those shortlisted and the winners.
This year’s winners are as follows:
1. LAPG committee special award: Bill Waddington, Robin Murray, Jonathan Black, Paul Harris
2. Outstanding achievement: Public Law Project
3. Public law: Marcia Willis-Stewart, Birnberg Peirce
4. Legal aid firm/not for profit agency: Central England Law Centre
5. Children’s rights: Noel Arnold (Coram Children’s Legal Centre)
6. Legal aid newcomer: Connor Johnston (Garden Court Chambers)
7. Social and welfare: Jo Renshaw (Turpin & Miller)
8. Family legal aid: Sarah Cove (Miles & Partners)
9. Family mediator: Margaret Pendlebury (MiD Mediation)
10. Legal aid barrister: Alison Pickup (Doughty Street)
11. Housing: Jayesh Kunwardia (Hodge Jones & Allen)
12. Criminal defence: Mark Ashford (TV Edwards)
13. Access to justice through IT: Courtnav (Royal Courts of Justice Advice Bureau & Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer)
For a full list of those shortlisted please see here.