[David Corker is] universally acclaimed as a leader in his field, with sources describing him as “a titan – his legal knowledge is excellent and he’s a real fighter for his clients.”
Chambers UK 2011
David Corker represents clients caught up in both serious fraud and criminal offences. He is extremely well regarded and maintains a high-quality practice. The last year has seen him work on mobile phone hacking cases relating to Operation Weeting.
Chambers UK 2013
Partner Peter Binning is commended as a “highly capable and sensible” practitioner, and is applauded by clients for his pragmatism.
Chambers UK 2012
The level of preparation is really fantastic. They will look into every possible outcome and research issues, and explain them to the client in a way in which is incomparable.
Chambers UK 2015
[Andrew Smith is] a ‘bright young star’, according to interviewees.
Chambers UK 2011
"One of the firms at the forefront of the market representing individuals and companies. They are a compact, energetic, entrepreneurial firm who know what they're doing and have good partners."
Chambers UK 2017
At Corker Binning, department head Robert Brown ‘has the rare ability to nip potential prosecutions in the bud’.
Legal 500 2014
What the firm lacks in size, it more than makes up for in the experience and expertise of its practitioners, who cover all the key areas of financial and regulatory enforcement. Corker Binning regularly represents large corporations and high-profile individuals in FCA and SFO investigations and prosecutions and clients are impressed by the “sensational level of support on offer”.
Who’s Who Legal 100 2016
We have substantial experience advising companies and individuals on cash seizures by enforcement agencies (such as the police and officers of HM Revenue and Customs) under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
We advise on the legality of the seizure and detention, the right to challenge the seizure and the steps to be taken to secure the return of the seized cash. We also provide advice and representation in respect of applications to forfeit the seized cash (known as forfeiture applications). See our blog on the need to prove criminal conduct.
We have successfully challenged many cash seizures and forfeiture applications, resulting in the prompt return of the seized cash together with the reimbursement of the costs incurred.More
Our cash seizures lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- Cash seized when entering or leaving the UK at an airport or port.
- Cash seized from premises or a vehicle searched in respect of the investigation of a criminal offence (the cash might belong to the person under investigation or it might not. For example, it might belong to a family member or employer).
- Cash seized from an individual who has been arrested for a criminal offence.
- Cash seized from a safety deposit box (we have advised many individuals in the well publicised operation by the Metropolitan Police called Operation Rize in which three London safe depositaries were raided and 6,700 deposit boxes opened and searched).
For more information on how we can help you, please call 020 7353 6000.
Named as key individuals in the field of Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers UK 2017:
David Corker – Band 1
Peter Binning – Band 1
Jessica Parker – Up and Coming
Andrew Smith – Band 3
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers 2017.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Fraud by Legal 500 2016 and David Corker and Peter Binning are named as leading individuals for Fraud.
- Peter Binning and David Corker are the most highly regarded individuals in International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers 2016.