Peers remark on the growing strength of Gemma Tombs‘s practice, saying she is “building a presence that stands out.” She recently acted on the Mohammad Asif cricket match fixing case.
Chambers UK 2013
[Edward Grange] is always creative and imaginative in his approach and always thinking about new angles for cases. He is a really respected solicitor.
Chambers UK 2016
Andrew Smith has a broad international practice, encompassing extradition and crime. Peers note that he is ‘very bright, quick-thinking and ideal with clients: he is a star of the future.’
Chambers UK 2015
"They're good at coming up with solutions and strategies for thinking outside the box. They've got strength in depth."
Chambers UK 2017
[Peter Binning is] admired for his strong commitment to his clients’ best interests.
Chambers UK 2011
Robert Brown has acted on a number of high-profile cases, including that of Charlie Gilmour. He is universally regarded as a brilliant lawyer, with one source calling him “a star – one of the most popular lawyers in London.” As vice chairman of the British Russian Law Association, Brown is also well placed to handle extradition cases.
Chambers UK 2013
Our most highly regarded individual of the year: Peter Binning, co-founder of English firm Corker Binning. He has a “world-class reputation” for his fraud and regulatory litigation work and is “definitely the lawyer you would want in a crisis”.
International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers 2013
Gemma Tombs is gifted with ‘very clear thinking’ and is seen as ‘a rising star’. She recently advised a client charged with conspiracy to supply class A drugs in the context of a large prosecution of several gangs.
Chambers UK 2014
We have substantial experience advising companies and individuals on cash seizures by enforcement agencies (such as the police and officers of HM Revenue and Customs) under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
We advise on the legality of the seizure and detention, the right to challenge the seizure and the steps to be taken to secure the return of the seized cash. We also provide advice and representation in respect of applications to forfeit the seized cash (known as forfeiture applications). See our blog on the need to prove criminal conduct.
We have successfully challenged many cash seizures and forfeiture applications, resulting in the prompt return of the seized cash together with the reimbursement of the costs incurred.More
Our cash seizures lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- Cash seized when entering or leaving the UK at an airport or port.
- Cash seized from premises or a vehicle searched in respect of the investigation of a criminal offence (the cash might belong to the person under investigation or it might not. For example, it might belong to a family member or employer).
- Cash seized from an individual who has been arrested for a criminal offence.
- Cash seized from a safety deposit box (we have advised many individuals in the well publicised operation by the Metropolitan Police called Operation Rize in which three London safe depositaries were raided and 6,700 deposit boxes opened and searched).
For more information on how we can help you, please call 020 7353 6000.
Named as key individuals in the field of Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers UK 2017:
David Corker – Band 1
Peter Binning – Band 1
Jessica Parker – Up and Coming
Andrew Smith – Band 3
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers 2017.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Fraud by Legal 500 2016 and David Corker and Peter Binning are named as leading individuals for Fraud.
- Peter Binning and David Corker are the most highly regarded individuals in International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers 2016.