"The firm is highly efficient, client-conscious, and you just get a great service and great back-up."
Chambers HNW 2016
They provide high-quality advice. They are criminal lawyers with a good commercial sense.
Chambers UK 2015
Sources speak at length about up-and-coming partner Andrew Smith, particularly praising his “very good legal intellect.”
Chambers UK 2014
[Robert Brown is] a Rolls-Royce solicitor, providing Rolls-Royce services.
Andrew Smith has a broad international practice, encompassing extradition and crime. Peers note that he is ‘very bright, quick-thinking and ideal with clients: he is a star of the future.’
Chambers UK 2015
Peter Binning is an “absolutely outstanding solicitor” who is “hugely knowledgeable and unflappable in a crisis,” and is commended for his hands-on approach to conducting litigation. He is one of the firm’s co-founders, and brings considerable experience as an SFO prosecutor to his criminal fraud defence work.
Chambers UK 2013
[David Corker is] universally acclaimed as a leader in his field, with sources describing him as “a titan – his legal knowledge is excellent and he’s a real fighter for his clients.”
Chambers UK 2011
Robert Brown is celebrated as an "absolutely first-class solicitor" with a "phenomenal criminal practice."
Chambers UK 2017
We have substantial experience advising companies and individuals on cash seizures by enforcement agencies (such as the police and officers of HM Revenue and Customs) under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
We advise on the legality of the seizure and detention, the right to challenge the seizure and the steps to be taken to secure the return of the seized cash. We also provide advice and representation in respect of applications to forfeit the seized cash (known as forfeiture applications). See our blog on the need to prove criminal conduct.
We have successfully challenged many cash seizures and forfeiture applications, resulting in the prompt return of the seized cash together with the reimbursement of the costs incurred.More
Our cash seizures lawyers have recently advised on the following matters:
- Cash seized when entering or leaving the UK at an airport or port.
- Cash seized from premises or a vehicle searched in respect of the investigation of a criminal offence (the cash might belong to the person under investigation or it might not. For example, it might belong to a family member or employer).
- Cash seized from an individual who has been arrested for a criminal offence.
- Cash seized from a safety deposit box (we have advised many individuals in the well publicised operation by the Metropolitan Police called Operation Rize in which three London safe depositaries were raided and 6,700 deposit boxes opened and searched).
For more information on how we can help you, please call 020 7353 6000.
Named as key individuals in the field of Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers UK 2017:
David Corker – Band 1
Peter Binning – Band 1
Jessica Parker – Up and Coming
Andrew Smith – Band 3
- Corker Binning is ranked in Band 1 of recommended firms for Financial Crime: Individuals by Chambers 2017.
- Corker Binning is ranked as a first tier firm for Fraud by Legal 500 2016 and David Corker and Peter Binning are named as leading individuals for Fraud.
- Peter Binning and David Corker are the most highly regarded individuals in International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers 2016.