The following is a selection of websites we find useful and which may also be helpful for you.
- Legal Services Commission - www.legalservices.gov.uk. The Legal Services Commission runs the legal aid scheme in England and Wales, helping over 2 million people access justice each year.
- HM Court Service - www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk. HM Courts Service is the executive agency of the Ministry of Justice. It is responsible for managing the magistrates courts, the Crown Courts, county courts, the High Court and Court of Appeal in England and Wales.
- Serious Fraud Office - www.sfo.gov.uk. The Serious Fraud Office is a government department and part of the UK criminal justice system. Its aim is to pursue and prosecute those who commit serious and complex fraud.
- Crown Prosecution Service - www.cps.gov.uk. The Crown Prosecution Service is responsible for prosecuting criminal cases investigated by the police in England and Wales.
- Department for Business, Innovation & skills (formally BERR) - www.bis.gov.uk. BIS is the government department which aims to provide and promote the environment in which businesses can succeed.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) - www.fca.org.uk. The FCA is an independent body which regulates the financial services industry in the UK.
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) - www.hse.gov.uk. The job of the HSE is to protect people against risks to health or safety arising out of work activities.
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) - www.hmrc.gov.uk. The government department formed following the merger of Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise Departments in 2005, tasked with the collection and administering of direct and indirect taxes.
- Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) - www.dwp.gov.uk. The DWP is the government department which deals with employment, benefits, pensions, disability and retirement issues.
- Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) - www.soca.gov.uk. SOCA is an intelligence-led agency tackling Class A drugs, organised immigration crime, fraud, e-crime, firearms and the recovery of proceeds of crime.
- General Medical Council (GMC) - www.gmc-uk.org. The GMC registers doctors to practice medicine in the UK.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) - www.icaew.com. The ICAEW is a professional accountancy body which provides leadership and practical support to over 132,000 members in 165 countries.
- Environment Agency - www.environment-agency.gov.uk. The Environment Agency is a public body responsible for protecting and improving the environment and promoting sustainable development.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) - www.sra.org.uk. The SRA is the independent regulatory body of the Law Society which regulates more than 100,000 solicitors in England and Wales.